Monday, February 25, 2013
Daijah Price, 11, died Friday night at the Children's National Medical Center.
The fourth victim in the Glenarden blaze that destroyed a home and took the lives of one man and two children has succumbed to her injuries. Daijah Price, 11, died late Friday night while being treated for fire related injuries at the Children's National Medical Center (CNMC), according to Prince George's County Fire Department (PGFD) Spokesperson Mark Brady. Price, her father, and two of her sisters were pulled from their burning Glenarden home early Tuesday morning. Price's pulse was restored at Prince George's Hospital Center Thursday morning before she was transferred to CNMC. Her father and two of her sisters were pronounced dead at the scene, but her mother and a third sister escaped the blaze prior to the arrival of firefighters…
Thursday, February 21, 2013
One man and two children were killed in the deadly blaze.
The lives three people, including two children, were claimed Thursday morning when a fire ripped through a Glenarden home, according to Prince George’s County Fire Department Spokesman Mark Brady. PGFD were alerted to the house fire with trapped occupants at around 4 a.m. Thursday. Once on the scene, firefighters found a house in the 8600 block of Leslie Avenue showing fire and heavy smoke, Brady said. A search of the burning home revealed one man and three female children, ages 5, 8 and 10. They were removed from the house and all four were not breathing and had no pulse Brady said. Firefighters conducted CPR on the scene the victims were transported to the hospital. The man and two of the children were pronounced dead upon arrival at …
Monday, January 23, 2012
Jerry Holloway, 51, suffered fatal burns Wednesday inside his Annapolis Road apartment.
Authorities have released the name of the Bladensburg man killed last week when his clothes apparently ignited in a cooking fire. Jerry Holloway, 51, suffered fatal burns Wednesday inside his sixth-floor unit, according to Mark Brady of the Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department. Emergency responders were dispatched to the building (5802 Annapolis Rd.) around 11 a.m. that day to investigate smoke in the hall. Firefighters reportedly discovered Holloway in his apartment, #601, where he was later pronounced dead. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner subsequently confirmed the man's identity, according to Brady. Holloway's death marks the first fatal fire of 2012 in Prince George's County.