Beacon Heights Elementary School
Beacon Heights Elementary School is located in East Riverdale, right outside the boundaries of Riverdale Park. The school's student population is largely Hispanic and African American with 1 percent of students identifying themselves as white and Asian.
The school does have a pre-K program and the Principal Lynne Stuewe has reported that the school has met the overall Annual Yearly Progress standards each year since leaving the reconstruction status in 2002.
The school has a low suspension rate, under 1 percent, and is title 1.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:15am - 2:25pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Number of students: 419
- Male-to-female ratio: 1.1 : 1
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14.5 : 1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- Number of faculty: 29
- Montessori: Yes
- Grade levels: Pre K to 6
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Infirmary