What to do With Your Christmas Tree?

County residents have several options to dispose of their holiday tree.

With the end of the Christmas season upon us, many county residents might be looking at their slowly dying and drying pine trees in the living room and wondering what to do with them.

Well, residents can also recycle their undecorated, unbagged trees to the Brown Station Road Public Convenience Center at 3501 Brown Station Road in Upper Marlboro. The facility is open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. 

Trees are also accepted at the Prince George's County Yard Waste Composting Facility at 6601 Southeast Crain Highway in Upper Marlboro. The facility is open from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Between Dec. 26 through Feb. 1, 2013, Prince George's County residents served by the county Yard Waste Collection service can take their undecorated, unbagged live trees to the curb by 6:30 a.m. on the regularly scheduled collection day to have them carted away.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »