In observance of Washington's Birthday—the federal holiday commonly known as Presidents Day—many government services and transit networks will be closed or operating on a modified schedule this Monday, Feb. 20. Here's the rundown:
- Municipal offices in Riverdale Park and University Park will both be closed.
- There will be no yard waste collection in University Park.
- However, there will be normal trash collection in Riverdale Park.
- Prince George's County Public Schools and government offices will be closed.
- The Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill and all waste management services and facilities—including recycling, yard waste, bulky trash and refuse collection—will operate on a regular schedule.
- Metrorail will run from 5 a.m. to midnight on a Saturday schedule.
- Metrobus will operate on a Saturday supplemental schedule with some post-midnight trips cancelled on select routes.
- MetroAccess will operate on normal hours. However, subscription trips will be cancelled unless specifically requested.
- Prince George's County's TheBus will provide normal service on all routes, excluding Routes 51/51 Extended and 52. Call-A-Bus, including senior transportation services, will not be operational on Monday.
- MARC trains will not be running.