It being the first Monday of the month, both the Riverdale Park and University Park councils are set to meet tonight.
Riverdale Park's legislative session begins at 8 p.m. at . Among the action items on tonight's agenda:
- Approval of a permit request for a wood fence at 6107 43rd St.
- Approval of carnival permit request from the Riverdale Park Volunteer Fire Department.
- Introduction of an ordinance amending parking permit regulations.
- Approval of an emergency ordinance concerning dumpsters and storage receptacles on public property.
- Introduction of a regular ordinance to the same effect.
- Approval of a charter amendment concerning purchasing and procurement.
- Approval of a charter amendment concerning the issuance of debt.
- Approval of Mayor Vernon Archer's nominations to the Mixed-Use Town Center Committe.
For more information on many of these items, .
The University Park council's meeting, meanwhile, begins at 7:30 p.m. at . On tonight's agenda:
- A permit application to build a 4' wood fence at 4304 Woodberry St.
- A special report by Mayor John Tabori on the parameters and management of the town's budget process.
- A proclamation recognizing April 27 as Arbor Day.
- Reports from several council committees.
Draft minutes from the council's Feb. 27 meeting are available here.