Residents of the 22nd legislative district who plan to attend a Maryland college or university next year are encouraged to apply for one of several scholarships made available through their state lawmakers.
The 22nd district covers Riverdale Park, University Park, and several other nearby communities. Sen. Paul Pinksy and its three delegates are all offering scholarships for the 2012-13 academic year.
To qualify, students must enroll at a two- or four-year Maryland college or university as a full- or part-time, degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student (or attend certain private career schools). An out-of-state exception may be granted if a particular major is not available at a Maryland school.
Delegate scholarships range from $200 to about $2,000 while senatorial scholarships run from $400 to $9,450. Applicants must complete and file the FAFSA by the state deadline of March 1.
For more information on eligibility requirements and how to apply, follow the links below:
- General information about the Delegate Scholarship Program
- General information about the Senatorial Scholarship Program
- Senator Paul Pinsky's scholarship (April 5 deadline)
- Delegate Tawanna Gaines's scholarship (April 1 deadline)
- Delegate Anne Healey's scholarship (April 15 deadline)
- Delegate Justin Ross's scholarship (April 27 deadline)