Prince George's County firefighters responded to a call around 10 p.m. in the 3900 block of Oglethorpe Street Saturday night.
The fire was in the basement of the home, but three crews from the Hyattsville station knocked out the fire before it spread, according to the Hyattsville Volunteer Fire Department's facebook page.
Prince George's County Fire Spokesman Mark Brady said the cause of the fire was an unattended candle, creating a loss of $10,000 for the structure and contents.
No one was injured, Brady added.
This post was on updated Sept. 30 to reflect the cause and damage of the fire.