The fourth victim in the Glenarden blaze that destroyed a home and took the lives of one man and two children has succumbed to her injuries.
Daijah Price, 11, died late Friday night while being treated for fire related injuries at the Children's National Medical Center (CNMC), according to Prince George's County Fire Department (PGFD) Spokesperson Mark Brady.
Price, her father, and two of her sisters were pulled from their burning Glenarden home early Tuesday morning. Price's pulse was restored at Prince George's Hospital Center Thursday morning before she was transferred to CNMC.
Her father and two of her sisters were pronounced dead at the scene, but her mother and a third sister escaped the blaze prior to the arrival of firefighters. They were treated at an area hospital for minor injuries and released Thursday, said Brady.
Upon investigation PGFD found that the home did not have any working fire detectors, prompting Fire Chief Marc Bashoor to issue a statement encouraging all residents to check the batteries in their smoke detectors regularly.
Any Prince George's County resident can obtain a free smoke alarm by calling 301-864-SAFE (7233).