While the opening of the full-fledged Riverdale Park Farmers Market is still two weeks off, there's plenty of fresh fare available at today's penultimate winter market.
Drop by the Town Center building today (Thursday) from 3 to 7 p.m. to check out an assortment that includes:
- Apples and apple products, including Granny Smiths for $2.00/pound
- Fresh eggs from free range hens ($3.50/dozen)
- Fresh pecans from Musachio Produce (Ridgely, MD)
- Bread and baked goods from Stone Hearth Bakery (Frederick, MD)
- Pastured Berkshire pork bacon, grass fed beef, and other meats from Groff's Content Farm (Rocky Ridge, MD)
- Raw milk cheeses from P.A. Bowen Farmstead (Brandywine, MD)
- Popcorn grown at Glen Hollow Farm (Lineboro, MD)
- Flowers only from the following greens: spinach, arugula, collard greens, turnips, cilantro, and tatsoi.
And if you're searching for something to make with market fare, might we suggest: