If you're looking for fresh vegetables plus a little advice on growing your own, it's a good day to visit the Riverdale Park Farmers Market.
Drop by the town center parking lot today (Thursday) from 3 to 7 p.m. for a wide array of fresh, local fare—plus tips from Prince George's County Master Gardeners on lawn care, dealing with nuisance wildlife, and container gardening.
This week's vendor lineup also features:
- Cookies, cupcakes, and homemade Jamaican sorrel and ginger beer from Cakes by Ruthann
- Cheeses from Cherry Glen Goat Cheese Company (Boyds, MD)
- Veggies from ECO City Farm (Edmonston, MD)
- Plants from Jack Creek Plants (Shady Side, MD)
- Eggs, jams, jellies, and more from Ferry Landing Farm & Apiary (Dunkirk, MD)
- Bread and baked goods from Stone Hearth Bakery (Frederick, MD)
- Indian cuisine from The Verandah (Baltimore, MD)
- Crepes from Reuben's Crepes
- Soaps and more from Mystic Water Soap (Riverdale Park, MD)
- Java—beans and brewed—from Zeke's Coffee (Baltimore, MD)
- Smoked meats and seafood from Neopol Savory Smokery