La Tasca is Chinatown D.C. offers a great escape to Spain for tapas and sangria.
The best thing about tapas is you can try a bit of everything and eat until you're full and wash it all down with a very fruity drink.
Things I would suggest you try from their menu:
- croquetas de pollo (chicken fritter)
- jamon y queso (ham and cheese)
- paella valenciana (a chicken and seafood rice dish)
- chorizo (Spanish sausage)
- tortilla espanola (Spanish omelette)
- piquillos rellenos de marisco (seafood stuffed peppers)
You should also order a pitcher of sangria with your favorite fruit, red or white wine. Finally, save room for dessert like sweet bread, pastries and chocolate cake.
Where: 722 7th St. NW Washington, DC 20001
Hours: Sunday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Prices: $4 to $52