What's Closed on Presidents Day?
A rundown of schedule changes for bus, rail, and government services.
In observance of Washington's Birthday—the federal holiday commonly known as Presidents Day—many government services and transit networks will be closed or operating on a modified schedule this Monday, Feb. 20. Here's the rundown:
- Municipal offices in Riverdale Park and University Park will both be closed.
- There will be no yard waste collection in University Park.
- However, there will be normal trash collection in Riverdale Park.
- Prince George's County Public Schools and government offices will be closed.
- The Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill and all waste management services and facilities—including recycling, yard waste, bulky trash and refuse collection—will operate on a regular schedule.
- Metrorail will run from 5 a.m. to midnight on a Saturday schedule.
- Metrobus will operate on a Saturday supplemental schedule with some post-midnight trips cancelled on select routes.
- MetroAccess will operate on normal hours. However, subscription trips will be cancelled unless specifically requested.
- Prince George's County's TheBus will provide normal service on all routes, excluding Routes 51/51 Extended and 52. Call-A-Bus, including senior transportation services, will not be operational on Monday.
- MARC trains will not be running.