Victim of Deadly Bladensburg Fire Identified
Jerry Holloway, 51, suffered fatal burns Wednesday inside his Annapolis Road apartment.
Authorities have released the name of the Bladensburg man killed last week when his clothes apparently ignited in a cooking fire.
Jerry Holloway, 51, suffered fatal burns Wednesday inside his sixth-floor unit, according to Mark Brady of the Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department.
Emergency responders were dispatched to the building (5802 Annapolis Rd.) around 11 a.m. that day to investigate smoke in the hall. Firefighters reportedly discovered Holloway in his apartment, #601, where he was later pronounced dead.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner subsequently confirmed the man's identity, according to Brady.
Holloway's death marks the first fatal fire of 2012 in Prince George's County.