Two Riverdale Residents Charged in Prostitution Sting
The arrests occurred along the Route 1 corridor in Laurel.
Two Riverdale residents were among 10 men arrested Friday through a reverse prostitution sting in Laurel, Howard County Police announced Tuesday.
Undercover female officers worked in areas along the Route 1 corridor where citizens have complained about prostitution, according to the department.
Police said suspects who approached the officers and offered money for sex were placed under arrest.
The sting is Laurel's second such enforcement action in 2012. Officers also arrested eight men for allegedly soliciting prostitution in May.
The following people face charges of soliciting prostitution:
- Miguel Barbosa-Palacios, 37, of Riverdale
- Victor Manuel Mendez, 24, of Riverdale
- Preston Harrison McGriff, 38, of Laurel
- Jose Quintanilla-Rivera, 38, of Laurel
- William Howard Maisel, 46, of Kensington
- Vincent Carvel Moore, 53, of Jessup
- Ashton Nicholas Penny, 20, of Gwynn Oak
- Steven Albert Bartimo, 37, of Laurel
- William Hezekiah Davis, 47 of King George, VA
- Eugene Anthony Burgess, 39, of Glen Burnie