STEP-UP Seeking Summer Program Associate
The energy efficiency initiative is looking for a qualified candidate to help with community outreach, research, and administration.
From the Town of University Park:
Job title: STEP-UP Summer Program Associate
Reports to: STEP-UP Energy Coach and/or Program Director
The Town of University Park, MD is implementing The Small Town Energy Program for University Park (“STEP-UP”), a 3-year effort designed to achieve energy efficiency market transformation within University Park and to serve as a roadmap for energy transformation in small towns across the U.S. STEP-UP includes a full suite of model activities for replication including: energy audits and retrofits for homes, financial incentives, local community delivery partners, and leading edge, but low-cost, social marketing techniques. STEP-UP also includes rooftop solar and a kitchen waste compost component. More information about STEP-UP can be found on the Town of University Park web site, www.upmd.org, and at www.mystep-up.org.
The STEP-UP Summer Program Associate is primarily responsible for supporting the activities of the STEP-UP program, as directed by the STEP-UP Energy Coach and the STEP-UP Program Director. S/he will have work responsibilities in three primary areas: community outreach, supporting program administration, and research pertaining to the STEP-UP program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Community Outreach (50%):
- a) Deliver STEP-UP promotional, research or other program resources door-to-door within the target communities.
- b) Provide on-site assistance at STEP-UP community events as needed / directed.
Program Administration (40%):
- c) Assist in maintaining and tracking a complete central database of STEP-UP records, including participant, audit, retrofit and incentive data.
- d) Assist in preparing data for federal reporting purposes.
- e) Carry out routine project correspondence as directed by the Energy Coach.
- f) Support the Energy Coach in planning for STEP-UP community events
- g) Support the Energy Coach in scheduling of appointments and STEP-UP events and maintenance of the overall project calendar.
- h) Track and inform STEP-UP stakeholders of relevant academic, government, corporate, and foundation energy-related events and resources.
- i) Conduct research on other similar efficiency programs or trends in the efficiency field, and assemble data to enable STEP-UP to benchmark against these other programs.
- j) Research a variety of topics and information as directed by the Energy Coach, the Program Director, or their designate(s).
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to establish and follow routine processes and procedures. Requirements
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Exercises initiative in undertaking routine assignments/projects without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of databases and/or records management.
- Knowledge of research methods preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in effective verbal and written communications.
- Ability to collaborate with different levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
- This position is intended for a student currently enrolled in college or university. A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Please submit one electronic copy of your resume with “STEP-UP Summer Program Associate” in the Subject line to:Application Processenergycoach@upmd.org.
- Deadline for application is 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 11
- Period of employment is Monday, June 4 through Friday, August 24