Employees at the Marlboro Village Exxon told ABC7 reporter Jay Korff about the reaction of the man, captured on security camera video inside the store, who they say had a ticket with all of the winning numbers on it.
Scott Peterson, press secretary for County Executive Rushern Baker, told Patch that Baker's official photographer was also in the store at the time the man learned he might be holding a winning powerball ticket and witnessed the scene unfold.
Lottery officials in Missouri have verified that one lucky person has a winning ticket sold from that state. Arizona lottery officials have also said that a winning ticket was sold at a convenience store in Fountain Hills, AZ. If the mystery man from the Upper Marlboro Exxon does indeed possess a winning ticket, then he'll have to split the winnings with the Missouri Winner.
See More on Patch
- Powerball Jackpot Upped to $550 Million
- Pr. George's Politicos React to School Overhaul
- Montgomery-Prince George's Battle Over New FBI Headquarters Likely Over
- Report: County Executive Seeks More Control of Public Schools
- Town Center Readies for Tenants, Council Supports Purple Line: Pr. George's Top Headlines
Most Popular articles
- University Park Council Disapproves Cafritz Preliminary Plan
- County Planning Board Approves Cafritz Preliminary Plan, 4-0
- Riverdale Council Unanimously Approves Cafritz Detailed Site Plan
- Jobs Near Riverdale Park: Project Manager, Property Manager, Form Carpenter
- $280M Pledged for Purple Line Construction, Private Dollars Still Needed