Councilman Ebbeler, Lions Club Sponsor Scholarship Awards
Applications are due by May 25.
Submitted by the Lions Club of Riverdale:
The Lions Club of Riverdale is proud to announce that we will be distributing scholarship awards in June 2012. Total funding for 2012 is $2,000 with $1,000 coming from Riverdale Park Ward 1 Councilman and Riverdale Lions Club member Jonathan Ebbeler and an additional $1,000 matched by the Riverdale Lions Club. Awards will be distributed to at least one male and one female student.
Minimum requirements include the following:
- 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Plans for furthering education (in any capacity—college, university, trade school)
- Established record of volunteer service
The application should include the following:
- Transcript demonstrating grades
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, email)
- An essay that is at least one page, but no more than 5 pages, where you describe your core values (i.e., your basic set of beliefs that explains who you are and how you live your life) and what this scholarship will mean to you.
Preference will be given to applicants based on the following:
- Essay response
- Demonstrated need
- Residence in Riverdale Park or residence in the rest of District 22 (Berwyn Heights, Greenbelt, Hyattsville, New Carrollton, University Park, Landover Hills, or Edmonston)
Applications are due by May 25, 2012 and should either be hand delivered or postmarked to the Town of Riverdale Park’s Town Hall at the following address:
Town of Riverdale Park
c/o Riverdale Lions Club Scholarship Committee
5008 Queensbury Road
Riverdale Park, MD 20737