The winner is:
"Ahh , what a nice day at the beach . The ride on the raft was a disaster."
Thanks for playing!
What does a porcupine do when it's rainy or it needs shade? Get under an umbrella of course!
Although it's already getting cold, there's still time to go check out the animals at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo. But, before you do, write a caption for this photo in the comments.
We'll post one caption for a new photo each week, and the person with the most creative caption will win a Patch “swag kit”—complete with a tote bag, metal water bottle, magnet and pen.
Patch local editors will pick the winners. We’re a tough crowd...so make us laugh!
Check out last week's winner and tell us if you agree with our choice!
Don't forget to hit the "keep me posted" button below to stay updated on the caption contest! Keep up with all your local news with our newsletter—if you have a Patch account, click on your name, then on "newsletter" at the top right to sign up.
The fine print:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, write a caption and post as a comment.
- All entries must be received by Thursday of the next week at midnight Eastern time.
- You may enter up to five captions.
- Winners are selected at the discretion of Patch editors.
- A single weekly winner will win a Patch tote bag, water bottle, pen and magnet with a retail value of approximately $15. We may even throw in a t-shirt.
- See official rules attached as a PDF.